2020 Perinatal Leadership Forum General Conference Sessions
Join us and watch the wonderful general conference sessions from the 2020 Perinatal Leadership Forum!
The Chinese symbol for crisis comes from a combination of the symbols for danger and opportunity. COVID-19 has presented a danger to our world, our hospitals, our personal lives, and our leadership capabilities, but…it also has provided us an opportunity to change and grow. Leaders have been pushed to be nimble, to find new ways to communicate, to rely on each other, and to innovate on the fly.
Leading through chaos requires leaders to become more self-aware, understand internal biases, and look at how one’s values impact the workplace. It is crucial for the leadership team to create a stable atmosphere that will help staff feel empowered, confident, and able to keep their mental and physical well-being in check. This includes encouraging empathy and caring and communicating with transparency and honesty. And lastly, the entire team has to support each other both personally and professionally in order to deliver optimal care to patients and their families.
General conference sessions from the 2020 Perinatal Leadership Forum included in this bundle:
- The Future of Nursing Practice - Speaker: Bonnie Clipper, DNP, RN, MA, MBA, CENP, FACHE
- Partnering To Overcome Inequality in Maternal Care - Speakers: Bobbie Smith, MSN, Tiffany Stensvad, DNP, APRN, CNM
- Love in the Time of COVID-19 - Speaker: Mary Coughlin MS, NNP, RNC-E
- Addressing Cognitive Bias: The Role of the Nurse Leader - Speaker: Lisa Miller, CNM, JD
- Creative Communication: Connection in a Dynamic Workplace - Speaker: Meghan Chun, M.Div, MBA
- Leading Through a Crisis - Speaker: Cy Wakeman, M.S., C.S.P
- When the World is On Fire: Creating a Haven for Staff to Retreat To - Speaker: Clifton Kenon, Jr, DNP, MSN, RN, IBCLC
- Introducing a New Code: Creating a Culture of Compassion Amongst Colleagues in Healthcare - Speaker: Megan Lochner, MD, FACOG
- Take It Personally - Speaker: Dave Gordon